Gerry teaches private music lessons in the following instruments and topics:
- Trumpet and flugelhorn
- Organ and keyboards
- Instruction topics include jazz styling, performing tips and music theory
- Advanced topics include arranging, composing and improvisation
Private music lessons are held in a relaxed, home setting in Buffalo and the surrounding suburbs of Western New York (Erie and Niagara County). Lesson via skype are also available for distance learning needs. Parents are encouraged to participate and be part of the musical experience for their children. References available upon request.
Experienced, patient and educated instructor beloved by his students
Gerry shares his lifetime of musical experience with students of all ages and skill levels. As a graduate of Berklee School of Music which he attended on a full scholarship for trumpet, he has the educational background where he knows the theory and music history that adds color to a lesson. Most importantly, a lifetime of performing and working with some of the top players of his age, provides him the ideal background to teach. Some qualities noted by all of his students are the abilities to combine patience with skill and an impressive knowledge of music to offer a musical experience that will offer a lifetime of enjoyment.
Some highlights of his teaching experience:
- 30 current private students in a range of ages from 5 to 77
- Students from beginners to advanced
- Conducts master classes at schools and colleges throughout the area including a yearly Master Class with the High School at Newark, NY
- Also instructs working musicians who want to increase skills and knowledge of music theory
- Assists in preparation for band performance and helps musicians working in sections
- Numerous students accepted into major college music programs at Fredonia and other music colleges throughout the world